Monday, November 16, 2009

Late night thoughts.....

Here I sit with a case of insomnia (again) and I am realizing that I actually enjoy this late night time that I have all to myself. It is very quiet and I am having fun listening to music through my headphones and just day (night) dreaming.

In my slightly warped little mind, I am more relaxed at night. I love being outside at night with all of the smells and quiet breezes. Have always been that way so much so that my Dad used to call me his little vampire. Things seem more honest at night. People tend to tell the truth when they are not being judged by their physical appearance (at least that is how I see it). I have always hated the sunlight; too hot, too bright, hurt my eyes. When I was younger during the summer when school was out I would only go to bed if I saw the sun coming up over the horizon.

And night is when lovers make their promises. They may be promises that are only true for that moment but it is a magical moment. The light of day tends to burn the passions away and "real" life responsibilities come back into play. Maybe you are only with the one that you truely love at night. The one that you can't have during the day. The one that you choose to share your life with (marriage, commitment) may turn out not to be the one person that makes you feel whole. Awww, but I dare to dream......

Zen out!

No comments:

Post a Comment